Here are the complete instructions to change or write IMEI on Spreadtrum based smartphones or devices using WriteIMEI Tool on Windows Computer Or Laptop.
This tool will only work for Spreadtrum based smartphones.
- With the help of WriteIMEI tool, you can flash up to 4 IMEI at a time (depend on your smartphone or device, that how many SIM or network it supports).
- Installing Auto Generated IMEI is illegal and may cause serious trouble to you. So, be careful, what are you doing.
Change Or Write IMEI On Spreadtrum Using WriteIMEI Tool
- Download and Install Spreadtrum Driver on your PC Or Laptop.
- Download and extract WriteIMEI tool on your PC. After extracting this file you will be able to see the following files:
- Open WriteIMEI.exe file.
- After WriteIMEI is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Click on the Mode Select and select Normal Mode.
- Now, Click on the Set and Select the list of IMEI you want to Write (for example if your device has single IMEI then select IMEI1 only, and remove the tick from the IMEI2 and others).
- Under the IMEI1 option, You will see 2 options i.e Manual Input and Auto Generated IMEI. Select Manual Input (if you want to put the IMEI manually).
- Click on Save to Continue.
- Under the Please input IMEI1 option write the 15 digit IMEI code (you can know your device IMEI by Dialing *#06# or you will find the IMEI at the back panel of your device).
- Connect your Spreadtrum device to the computer.
- Click on Write Button to begin writing IMEI process.
- After IMEI installation process is completed you will see green Pass Message on WriteIMEi Tool.
- Restart your Smartphone or Tablet.
- Check your IMEI by Dialing *#06# (this will verify the IMEI write process is code correctly or not).